- 1 bottle (750 mL) Empathy California Red Wine
- 8 oz. High West American Prairie Bourbon
- 8 oz. maple syrup
- 1 orange (peeled and sliced)
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- Pinch of black peppercorn
- In a large saucepan, add Empathy Red California, spices and orange slices.
- Bring to a light simmer, stir in maple syrup and continue to warm on medium-low heat.
- Gently stir in High West American Prairie Bourbon and remove from heat.
- Fine strain to remove spices and orange.
- Serve warm, garnished with additional cinnamon and star anise.
- Finally, pour yourself a glass of Empathy to celebrate.