APPLE CIDER DONUTS
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup apple cider
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Mix butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until uniform.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Add apple cider while mixing.
- Pour batter into donut pans but do not fill all the way. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Rotate halfway through baking.
- For a cinnamon sugar glaze, save some granulated sugar, cinnamon to combine with about half a cup of butter in the microwave.